Assigning Reviewers to a Submission
To assign a reviewer to a submission associate editors should do the following:
- Navigate to the Review page of the submission
- Click on "Select Reviewer"
- Search for an appropriate reviewer by name
- Click the "ASSIGN" link in the row containing the potential reviewer's name.
- Back on the review tab for the submission. To initiate the review click on the email icon beneath the heading: "Request." This link will allow you to send an email request to the reviewer.
Please note the following:
- The review due date is automatically calculated to 4 weeks from the date of the initial email request to the reviewer.
- AEs can change review due dates by clicking on the date and entering a new date in the resulting screen
- If a reviewer does not respond to the initial request within 7 days, a reminder email is automatically generated.
- If the reviewer does not respond to or complete the request within 1 day following the review due date, a reminder email is automatically generated and sent to them.
- The due date is never automatically adjusted. If significant time passes before a reviewer responds to the request the due date may be absurd (either days away or even in the past). AEs should update due dates manually when reviewers take long periods to respond.