Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I/we have read the Notes to Contributors section of the webpage, and have followed the guidelines given on that page.
I/we have used this tool to confirm that the pdf manuscript conforms to the limits on manuscript length.
- I acknowledge that I may be responsible for covering the additional costs associated with printing for an article that contains color images. See the Notes to Contributors for more information.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission does not contain any personally identifying information, as this is a double-blind peer-review process. See this page for more information about how to ensure anonymity.
- This submission conforms to the LSA's guidelines with regard to inclusive language, both in terms of general writing style and in terms of examples.
- I/we understand that at least one author must be a current member of the Linguistic Society of America at the time of publication.
- The author or authors understand that submission of an item to this journal constitutes acceptance of the policies on personal data collection and use mentioned in the Privacy Statement at the bottom of this page.
The field or fields of linguistics that best characterize this submission have been indicated on the form embedded here. Note: submission of this form does not constitute completion of the submission process. There are several additional steps.
Book Reviews (Invited Only)
Book reviews are 1200-2000 word pieces that summarize the content of the volume, assess its quality, and note its contribution to the field. Book reviews appear in the journal Language. Submissions for this section are exclusively solicited by the book reviews editor; unsolicited book reviews will be rejected upon receipt.
Upon acceptance of an article, authors are asked to agree to the Language Copyright License Agreement, which can be previewed here. Authors whose articles appeared in Language as of March 2013 retain the copyright to their articles; requests for reprints or excerpts should be directed to the authors themselves. Copyright-related requests for articles which appeared pior to 2013 should be directed to the Copyright Clearance Center (http://www.copyright.com/).